Car modification is a very popular pastime for countless petrol heads up and down the country. Have you ever been sat on the bus watching brightly coloured cars with fancy body kits and exhausts louder than a fog horn speeding through the city and thought…I fancy that! Well it has never been easier to get started in car modification as there plenty of cheap cars out there, ripe and ready for modification and dozens of websites and garages stuffed with genuine performance parts to fit your chosen vehicle. Here are some top tips to get you on the road.
Get A Car
Quite obvious first step really: get out there are bag yourself a motor. For a beginner, the best cars for modifying are probably either a Citroen Saxo or a Fiat Punto. These cars are popular for two reasons: 1) they are cheap to run and parts and insurance are relatively cheap. 2) There are lots of options for modification as they have been popular mod cars for years.
Learn How To Drive
Before you start trying to doughnut in your driveway or sign yourself up for a street race against “The Beast”, you really need to get good at driving. There are many track days you sign up to around the country where you can take your car on the track and zoom around for a few laps. Also having a few advanced driving lessons will teach you about how to be safe as well as fast.
Now it’s time to start building your baby. The most popular item to modify with the Saxo and the Punto is with a body kit. If you want take it a step further you can splash out on some Ferodo brake pads or some Hel brake lines. This will make sure you stay safe when you need to stop. Performance car parts are great for racing but if you just want to look good on the high street, start with a body kit.
Get In On the Scene
The final step is to get in on the performance and modification car scene. Instead of revving your engine at a bus stop in your home town for an evening, get yourself down to a car show. The car parks of big shows will be stuffed with mod cars for you to compare yourself to. You will find that every car owner will talk your ear off about their pride and joy and will be more than happy to have a look at yours and give you advice as to what to do next. Voila! New friend!
Have you ever been locked out of your car? What went through your mind when you experienced this? If the incident is a disaster, then a professional car locksmith will be your god helper. I’m sure when you’re locked in the car; you’ll think who can help me. If so, don’t think that locksmith services are trivial. Locksmith services are very important; you must save the phone number of a locksmith service provider company in your area right now.
As a savvy consumer you need to consider the reliability and honesty of the company. In developed countries, car locksmith services usually advertise in the local phone book. If you have got the company phone number, then you should immediately call them to ask some important things such as car locksmith licenses, whether they have received qualified professional training. This is very important so that our properties such as cars do not suffer further damage. It is also necessary to ask, the types of cars that can be handled.
In addition to considering a car locksmith license, you have to check the location of the company. Make sure to get car locksmith service in local area. How to find out local companies? Local companies usually advertise using local addresses and local phone numbers as well. If the company has a website, it is to check all feedback from the clients. If consumer quotes describe disappointment or dissatisfaction with car locksmith services then it is better to look for another company. To make sure the quote is correct; you can interview them in person by telephone. Simple research needs to be done to get the best car locksmith services. Don’t let yourself get caught up in fake services. This service will usually force you to spend more money.
In conclusion, there are reliable and honest local locksmith companies out there. There are also companies that will wreak havoc on you. Do some simple research before deciding on the best company so you don’t get caught up in fake services. Increase your awareness of car keys and don’t underestimate the problem of car keys. Keep the car keys away from children or pets, so they are not easily lost. Store the car locksmith company number in your wallet, Smartphone, or address book. Car key companies can be accessed anytime easily nowadays. You only need to visit Tonys auto locksmith to get the best and trustworthy service. The company has 20 years of experience in serving customers 24 hours a day in everything from lost car keys or car key programming, new key installation, key repair, key changes, to peephole installation.
Aftermarket parts are replicas of original factory parts that came from the car manufacturers. Some people like aftermarket because they feel these parts look slightly more glamorous than the original ones. They’re often more affordable than the original parts but they’re still of good quality, which is why people like them. These parts are also available at most auto supply stores or online retailers so it won’t take as long to get replacement parts for your car.
Getting the Best Aftermarket Parts
- If you’re buying aftermarket items online, then you’ll want to research the companies you’re interested in because some companies sell bogus and defective parts. Start by reading reviews of local auto supply websites by customers and look at what they had to say about the quality, customer service and prices of the parts.
- Visit the Better Business Bureau’s website and inquire whether any complaints have been filed against this company for bad business practices.
- Read auto magazines and Consumer Reports to learn more about what look for.
- When you visit stores that sell parts, examine them carefully for defects and if the prices are too low or high, then it could be fraudulent.
Most Purchased Aftermarket Parts
- Custom seat covers are among the most purchased aftermarket parts. This is because more people want the latest seat designs and colors for their car seats thanks to TV makeover shows that give cars a new look.
- Hubcaps are also popular car accessory, and nowadays you can find hubcaps with diamonds, rhinestones and airbrushed with names or other designs.
- Sound systems have become popular aftermarket parts, and there are lots more to choose from than in previous years.
- Because of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975, an automotive dealer cannot deny warranty service to a customer just because he modified his car with car parts. The dealer has to prove that the car isn’t working because of the installation of these parts. To be on the safe side, have an experienced mechanic install your Aftermarket Parts if you’re not experienced in this type of work.
Learning About Car Design Using After market Parts
- If you want to learn more about the latest trends in car design using these parts, read some magazines about auto design and online articles.
- Talk to friends who design cars with car accessories and ask which designs would work the best for your style and budget
- Read some newspaper articles on auto design and write down addresses of car body shops you see in the articles